2010 Signal Timing Report
The primary purpose of our Traffic Signal Timing Program is to improve traffic flow along the City of Macon and Bibb County’s major corridors, while improving the efficiency of traffic signal operations. In addition, our timing efforts aim to reduced emissions, vehicle stops, and fuel consumption along the major arterials. In a joint effort with the Georgia Department of Transportation we were able to obtain funding through the Statewide Signal Timing contract to retime the following arterials.
• Eisenhower Parkway from Pionono Avenue to Romiser Drive (Year 2010)
• Gray Highway from I-16 @ Spring Street to Wal-Mart Drive (Year 2010)
• Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd from I-16 WB exit to Eisenhower Parkway (Year 2010)
• Mercer University from Montpelier Avenue to I-475 Southbound (Year 2012)
• Emery Highway from Second Street to Jeffersonville Road (Year 2012)
URS and Arcadis was the professional engineering firm chosen by GDOT to conduct the studies and implement the timing changes. Attached are the results of signal timing efforts perform by the aforementioned firms.