The Electrical Function is responsible for the maintenance and installation of all electrical systems located in city owned and operated buildings and facilities. This Function is also responsible for all historical lights located in the Historic District and roadway streetlights located in the following areas: downtown, Stinsonville, Stanislaus, The Prado, I-75, I-16, and US80 at I-475. The Electrical Function performs the maintenance and repair of emergency generators, sirens and panic alarms. They also maintain the electrical at the Middle Georgia Airport and Macon Downtown Airport (Herbert Smart).
Also provides electrical installations, preparations, and repairs for nonprofit organizations; such as, Christmas, Cherry Blossom Festival, Street Party, Georgia State Fair, etc.
Below is a list of some of the different jobs this Function is responsible for:
- Install/replace new electrical systems, switches, receptacles, poles, wiring, lamps, fixtures, pumps, regulators, connectors, temporary services, panels, breakers, blown fuses, coaxial cable, light covers, etc.
- Analyze electrical malfunctions and make necessary repairs; such as taxiway lighting, runway lighting, emergency beacon lights, vasi lights, etc.
- Install/remove poles, bases, arms, light fixtures, lamps, etc for street lighting and ballfields.
- Install/maintain scoreboards
- Complete preventative maintenance programs on sirens, panic alarms, generators, etc.
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Assist other Functions/City Departments as needed